Jira Service Desk automation
Atlas CRM integrates with JSD's built-in automation. Atlas CRM provides two automation actions which allow you to copy Atlas CRM data to custom fields and link companies or contacts based on custom fields. JSD automation boils down to 3 steps:
1. When (This will trigger this automation)
2. If (These are optional conditions)
3. Then (These steps will be executed)
Atlas CRM provides two automation actions which can be used in step 3.
Atlas CRM: Copy template field to custom field
This action allows you to copy a field from the linked company or contact to the issue.
Atlas CRM data is not available in custom fields. With this action, you can choose to copy specific company/contact fields to a custom field in the issue.
Atlas CRM: Link entity based on custom field
This action allows you to automatically link a company or contact based on a custom field in the issue. When there is a match between the chosen custom field and the chosen company/contact field, the company or contact will be linked to the issue.
If you want to link a company and contact based on the reporter of an issue, you can also use the Automatically link issues functionality.
1. Follow Atlassian's documentation to create a custom automation rule "https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/create-a-custom-automation-rule/".
2. In the automation action (Then do this...) you will see the two options Atlas CRM provides which are "Atlas CRM: Copy template field to custom field" and "Atlas CRM: Link entity based on custom field".
3. Atlas CRM automation requires three fields to be configured:
- "Company or contact" indicates if the automation should be run for a company or contact.
- "Template field" indicates which Atlas CRM template field should be used.
- "Custom field" indicates which JSD custom field will be used.